Discussion of a wide variety of subjects that impact our daily lives but are only marginally related to politics since everything from Star Trek to now Football has a political influence
“I have learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
- Are we better off with Equity or Equality? - 09/02/2021 A number of people on the left, progressives and the Press, (redundant I know), are making a point of transposing Equity and Equality. Seems reasonable right? Not really, Equity involves a sense of fair play, parity, evenhandedness. With Equity, you have similar results regardless of the prevailing conditions. This may appear to be reasonable … Continue reading Are we better off with Equity or Equality?
- What do Mothers Represent? - Dedicated to Christina 05/09/2021 Mothers are the embodiment of Love, a Sense of peace, a Timeout from the craziness of life, a Place of perspective. God has given mothers a special place in this world. From mothers we learn about strength, sometimes physical strength but most often strength-of-character. When faced with overwhelming obstacles and attacks … Continue reading What do Mothers Represent?
- United we Stand in Freedom, Divided we Fall in Censorship - Our country was built on individualism and freedom, we embrace independent thought and discussion, we are the first to volunteer to help support others
- What happens to Colleges when market economics hit home - Recently I read an interesting article by a college advisor on his perspective of current trends in the universities and colleges. “It’s Time to Worry When Colleges Erase Humanities Departments” by Willard Dix. I found this a very thoughtful and reasoned article. With all the emoting going on in the news and social media it … Continue reading What happens to Colleges when market economics hit home
- What would life be like without extra magnification of manufactured drama? - 09/02/2017 It’s been a short time since the last commentary article, a lot has been happening during this time but there has been much less inane stupidity coming out to the press during this time. So, what’s been happening to reduce some of this? Hurricane Harvey came to visit, a seemingly small event which took … Continue reading What would life be like without extra magnification of manufactured drama?
- This Idea called “The United States of America”: Grow it or Lose it - 08/17/2017 Is today’s society mature enough to understand it? Roughly 240 years ago a group of people came together with a radically new idea for government. An idea that heretofore had only been thought about in the most simplistic of terms and had lasted about as long and tried on the very smallest number of … Continue reading This Idea called “The United States of America”: Grow it or Lose it
- Incentives: what’s the incentive? – define the argument! - 08/01/2017 Incentives: what’s the incentive? – define the argument! Ever wondered why someone takes a particular stance on a subject, or why a group of individuals argue for something when the data suggests something totally contrary? I’ll bet a lot of people haven’t because the other side is just plain wrong. For the vast … Continue reading Incentives: what’s the incentive? – define the argument!
- Do Experts really understand what they talk about? - 07/16/2017 Do Experts really understand what they talk about? I am continually amazed by the arrogance of the media and many of the “experts” they refer to in their news articles and reports. In several of my writings on this page and others I contribute to I comment on the importance of how a person … Continue reading Do Experts really understand what they talk about?
- Capitalism The sin of the world or something else? - 07/08/2017 Capitalism The sin of the world or something else? As the G20 summit comes into full swing this past week we saw all the protests in Hamburg against the US specifically and the west in general because all the wealth we supposedly have. So is it evil? What makes it work, and yes it … Continue reading Capitalism The sin of the world or something else?